Sunday, June 23, 2013

Keep up with workouts on vacation

Traveling across coasts is never easy with two kids (and one on the way), but I know that I will feel better if workouts are still part of my routine. Day one consisted of travel and more travel which means sitting and more sitting. I felt terrible! Day two, I woke up and went for a short jog just to get out of my funk! Went to the pool where I did 3 sets of forward, reverse, and side lunges and single leg dead lifts.  I followed that with 3 sets of 20 push-ups and tricep dips. I jumped in the pool to cool off and felt so much more accomplished! Later that evening, my husband and I went for a 4.5 mile jog.  It's amazing how good exercise makes me feel! 
Day 3, I jogged for 4 miles and followed up with some swimming. Today is day 4 and it's hotter than hot!! Waiting for the sun to go down before I jog but planning a nice and cool pool workout! I encourage you to find time for workouts on vacation for peace of mind. I know it helps me tremendously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment